Apple Store Refreshed?

Reaction score
I am getting really close to making my purchase and was in my local apple store today when they told me about machines they will be putting out tommorow for their end of the month sell. These are machines they call "refreshed" not refurb though. These are open boxed items that cam back in 14 days for change of minds. The warranties still aply as I am told. Anyone know what the price differences are on these models? The employee there told me $200-$400 depending on what status they are. Any help would be appreciated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
i have never heard of such a thing
-chris

OP
R
Reaction score
Ok I just spoke to the store again and they will have 2 Powerbook 12"s that are selling for $999. These are items that were store demos. This is an amazing price on them and they come with the full warranty specs of the other machines. Can anyone give some advice here?

Reaction score
Most of the demo models at the local apple store are trashed, I wouldn't spend that kind of money on one.

OP
R
Reaction score
So suffice to say if I did find a good one that looked good and was in good shape this is a great deal right?

Reaction score
christian3807 said:
keys missing.....etc.....
scrathed screen... :spook:

also the track pads barely work...

If you could try it out and everything looks and works fine, it could be a decent deal.

X

xbrian87

If the shop keeps the batteries in the laptop while they're running as displays, they can be wearing down the battery life. If this is the case, ask them for a fresh battery, they'll probably do it to seal the deal. If they do not keep the battery in, then you'll be fine.

As posted, the other major thing you need to test it the track pad.

Reaction score
High Wycombe, Just outside London, England
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.0Ghz, 2Gb RAM Early 2006, 30Gb iPod 5th Gen. 15" MacBookPro, 2.33GHz
Apple also sell these on their website. They look a good deal as long as they have all been checked out OK.

B

bfx

I've seen refurbed systems but not 'refreshed' systems in the Apple Store.

Where does the link show up?

bfx

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 17" Intel Core Duo 1.83GHz 512 MB Ram 128 vRAM 60GB HD
check out the computer itself, if it's been returned, chances are there's a reason it was returned. From being a mac user so freshly, I can tell you I would NEVER switch back to Windows unless COMPLETELY necessary... I'm overly happy with my mac. So why would anyone else return theirs if they don't like mac... do you see what I'm saying here?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4/ 15.2"/ 1.67 ghz/ 2 gb RAM/ ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 (128 mb RAM)/ 100 gb hdd@ 5400 RPM
BlindingLights said:
check out the computer itself, if it's been returned, chances are there's a reason it was returned. From being a mac user so freshly, I can tell you I would NEVER switch back to Windows unless COMPLETELY necessary... I'm overly happy with my mac. So why would anyone else return theirs if they don't like mac... do you see what I'm saying here?

If there were issues, Apple would fix them. However, just to be sure, I'd ask them if you can see the system first.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.