PDA

View Full Version : Sorry to be a bother, but I am new.

Rolacoy
09-02-2014, 09:16 PM
I am trying to see if I am a member and can post to Mac Forums. I had trouble getting registered.

pigoo3
09-02-2014, 09:18 PM
You are registered. You've started at least two threads so far…and have 4 total posts. Where's the problem??

- Nick

Rolacoy
09-02-2014, 09:21 PM
I don't know, I am new and just stumbling around.

pigoo3
09-02-2014, 09:24 PM
I don't know, I am new and just stumbling around.

The fact that you've been able to:

- start at least two threads
- have 5 total posts (so far)
- have replied to this thread
- and sent a "Contact Us" message

…proves that you are doing just fine.:) You got it…that's it. This is how internet forums work.:)

- Nick

harryb2448
09-02-2014, 11:08 PM
And a six pack of beer to Nick would not go astray!!

pm-r
09-02-2014, 11:59 PM
I hear that he only accepts American Bud. ;)

Any of that Australian or Canadian beer would be too strong. :D

pigoo3
09-03-2014, 12:27 AM
Been drinking Foster's for over 30 years. Started when I was hanging out with my Australia & New Zealand bicycle racing mates from my Velodrome racing days.:)

They would come to the United States to race during our Summer (when it gets chilly down under)!;)

- Nick

Raygu
09-03-2014, 05:00 AM
Actually I am new too :)

TattooedMac
09-03-2014, 05:45 AM
Actually I am new too :)

And welcome to you then Raygu :)

ankhseeker
09-03-2014, 07:41 AM
Funny. If you read the label on a Fosters can, it says brewed in Canada. At least the ones for the American market. Damn good beer!
:-)

pm-r
09-03-2014, 12:03 PM
Yes, we do make some damn good beer!!! ;) :D

TattooedMac
09-03-2014, 08:15 PM
Funny. If you read the label on a Fosters can, it says brewed in Canada. At least the ones for the American market. Damn good beer!
:-)

And if you read the label on the UK Version, its made there too. Taste ok there too, but in Aust it tastes like absolute crap, and that being generous . . .

RadDave
09-03-2014, 08:40 PM
And if you read the label on the UK Version, its made there too. Taste ok there too, but in Aust it tastes like absolute crap, and that being generous . . .

Well, sorry to the OP (welcome to the forum!), but this seems to be turning into a 'beer thread' - :)

In the USA, there has been an amazing surge in the opening of local craft breweries - in North Carolina (I'm in the Piedmont), there are now nearly 100 breweries, all making a variety of interesting beers, so I've been buying locally to support the industry.

Two of my favorite locals (now sitting in my basement refrigerator): 1) Natty Greene's Buckshot (brewery in Greensboro, NC - named after Nathaniel Greene, Major General in charge of the American forces at the Battle of Guilford Courthouse during the American Revolutionary War); and 2) Foothills Hoppyum IPA (Winston-Salem, NC - my town), a really pungent hoppy beer - both delicious! Dave

pm-r
09-03-2014, 10:02 PM
My apologies to the OP if he's thinking that he may have joined joined a Mac beer drinkers forum, but yes, the local craft breweries have really taken over in some places and we've been lucky in BC and especially in Victoria to have some of the oldest and best. Many have won world medals.

This gives one an idea of our choice and I'm not sure that all of them are listed:

http://victoriabeers.com/breweries/
BC Beer Guide - Breweries (http://www.bcbeer.ca/brewery.aspx)

PS: The local beer festival tickets where only local breweries are allowed to participate sells out within two hours each year.

BTW Rolacoy, welcome to Mac Forum & Discussions on Apple Products and Services (http://www.mac-forums.com) And we do discuss Macs etc. ;) :D

nickyr
09-06-2014, 12:29 PM
Been drinking Foster's for over 30 years. Started when I was hanging out with my Australia & New Zealand bicycle racing mates from my Velodrome racing days.:)

They would come to the United States to race during our Summer (when it gets chilly down under)!;)

- Nick

Nick

Back in 1999 a few friends and I went to the Saturday night of the Ghent 6 day. When we checked into our hotel, there was a blond Aussie guy there lamenting the fact that his bike hadn't arrived for the night's racing (he wasn't competing for the whole 6 - just there for the Saturday). Anyway because of this he had a few beers with us before we went off to the track. We next saw him kitted out to race as he's managed to get hold of a bike. Now, he'd had several beers and obviously had our fulll support during his event, but I don't know how he managed it!

At the velodrome we also got chatting to what can only be described as the largest racing cyclist any of us had ever seen - a huge black guy from the US. He was a sprinter I believe and his thighs were larger than my waist! He looked more like a rugby player to me!

The rest of the night was spent in a haze of Duvel beer...

nickyr
09-06-2014, 12:30 PM
well it's 5.30 here in the UK and I've just poured a nice pint of Stella Artois :-)

banesto
10-06-2014, 08:51 PM
did someone say BEER here?

pm-r
10-06-2014, 10:27 PM
Good grief - Molsonville!!!

Hmmm... I didn't know our famous Canadian beer producer had their own town named after them. ;)

banesto
10-06-2014, 10:41 PM
Good grief - Molsonville!!!

Hmmm... I didn't know our famous Canadian beer producer had their own town named after them. ;)

i dont do that facebookie thing anymore because they won't recognize my town, eh?

chas_m
10-07-2014, 04:08 AM
I am personally a dark beer man most of the time. Mackeson Triple Stout when I can get it, Guinness, Chocolate Porter (we have several local breweries here I also, er, support).

cwa107
10-07-2014, 10:40 AM
If you equate American beer with Budweiser, you clearly haven't had Samuel Adams Boston Lager, which is (in my opinion) one of the best beers in the world. You should also try Yuengling Lager, made by America's oldest brewery - which is nothing like the Clydesdale p!ss, known as "Bud".

pigoo3
10-07-2014, 10:50 AM
You should also try Yuengling Lager...

You're showing your Pennsylvania connection!;) Don't forget Rolling Rock too!;)

- Nick

cwa107
10-07-2014, 10:52 AM
You're showing your Pennsylvania connection!;) Don't forget Rolling Rock too!;)

- Nick

Yuengling has gotten huge, I have found it just about everywhere I've traveled (including Hawaii). The only problem is that I have to refrain from ordering a "lager", which I'm accustomed to here being synonymous with Yuengling Lager.

Rolling Rock is as bad as Budweiser or Coors... blech.

pigoo3
10-07-2014, 10:59 AM
Yuengling has gotten huge, I have found it just about everywhere I've traveled (including Hawaii). The only problem is that I have to refrain from ordering a "lager", which I'm accustomed to here being synonymous with Yuengling Lager.

Yes I know what you mean.:( Used to be a "local beer" years ago.

Rolling Rock is as bad as Budweiser or Coors... blech.

Was wondering what your opinion was. You mentioned the "p" word earlier!;)lol

- Nick

RadDave
10-07-2014, 12:36 PM
If you equate American beer with Budweiser, you clearly haven't had Samuel Adams Boston Lager, which is (in my opinion) one of the best beers in the world. You should also try Yuengling Lager, made by America's oldest brewery - which is nothing like the Clydesdale p!ss, known as "Bud".

Agree completely - there are now over 3000 beer producers in the USA, most are small microbreweries & brewpubs but the development in recent decades and the variety of beers now offered is astonishing, and some of the best available (Source (http://greatbrewers.com/top-50/beers)).

North Carolina now has about 100 breweries (and expanding) as the map below shows, the most south of Pennsylvania and east of Texas (Source (http://www.ncbeer.org/brewery-map/)) - for myself, I'm a fan of the hoppy IPAs (Dogfish makes strong excellent ones!) - Dave :)

howieho
10-23-2014, 05:05 PM
I'm new here to. Here in the IE (that's the Inland Empire in So Cal), the popular craft brews are Hanger 24 and Modern Times. At least in my circles.