Getting low signals on any apple device.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I am a new poster so be gentle. I am frustrated with the fact that apple will not let you see low wifi signals. On a PC or android you can see all signals. Is there a way to stop apple for blocking low signals on ios or mac computers. Is there an app or work around I can do?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Welcome to the Mac Forums!

What makes you think that Apple is blocking low signals from being viewed on your Mac or your iOS device? And if the signals are so low that you can't see any indication, how do you know they're being blocked?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
I am a new poster so be gentle. I am frustrated with the fact that apple will not let you see low wifi signals. On a PC or android you can see all signals. Is there a way to stop apple for blocking low signals on ios or mac computers. Is there an app or work around I can do?

Hi Minigirl - a second welcome to the forum! :)

I'd have to agree w/ Chscag, i.e. we need more information: 1) What Apple devices are you talking about (i.e. Apple computers, iPads, etc. - OS X and/or iOS); 2) What is your Wi-Fi setup and does all devices you use behave similarly; 3) What is the distance from your 'home router' (my assumption) when you think these signals are low; and 4) When you use these devices on other Wi-Fi networks (e.g. Starbucks or other local 'hot spot), do you experience the same problems? I'll stop there and let your respond. Dave

OP
M
Reaction score
I am sorry but it is a know fact that apple backs low signals to protect the quality of apple product. Apple hates complainers. It I have an apple MacBook Pro next to a pc the pc will have 5 wifi compared to Apples one. It is the same with ios verses android. Maybe I am asking the ring forum. I understand why apple policy is to only show wifi that is good signal. I just wish apple would give me choices and I am sure there is a work around. Does anyone know one?

C

chas_m

I'm sorry but it is NOT a "known fact." Produce your documentation of this "known fact."

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I am sorry but it is a know fact that apple backs low signals to protect the quality of apple product.

If it's a "known fact"...then this sort of info should have been written about many times by multiple reputable sources. Can you please provide a link? I'm alway's interested in learning/reading new things.:)

Thanks,

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I am sorry but it is a know fact that apple backs low signals to protect the quality of apple product. Apple hates complainers. It I have an apple MacBook Pro next to a pc the pc will have 5 wifi compared to Apples one. It is the same with ios verses android. Maybe I am asking the ring forum. I understand why apple policy is to only show wifi that is good signal. I just wish apple would give me choices and I am sure there is a work around. Does anyone know one?

Hi again Minigirl - seems like one of the mods created a new thread for you - great!

First, you did not provide most of the information asked in my previous post - it would help.

Second, to address some of your issues above, let me just question a few statements:

I am sorry but it is a know fact that apple backs low signals to protect the quality of apple product. Apple hates complainers.

How do you know what is quoted immediately above - do you have a source, a link, or other information that proves your point - don't think so?

...It I have an apple MacBook Pro next to a pc the pc will have 5 wifi compared to Apples one. It is the same with ios verses android.

I'm one room away from my Apple router and my MBPro and my iPad 2 shows full Wi-Fi signals - are you stating that you have an Apple laptop & a PC next to each other and the Wi-Fi signals are vastly different?

...Maybe I am asking the ring forum. I understand why apple policy is to only show wifi that is good signal. I just wish apple would give me choices and I am sure there is a work around. Does anyone know one?

Not sure what you mean by 'ring forum'? Also, the signal issue has been discussed. Please address some of my previous requests and be clearer on your statements - Dave :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac mini Server 4,1 (2.66GHz Core2Duo CPU, 16GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD), iPhone SE 2nd gen (128GB)
If it's only one device you've experienced this with (you say "It is the same with ios verses android", but give no indication you actually have an iOS device), you've probably just got a device with a duff WiFi antenna (it would be interesting to see what WiFi signals your MBP could detect if you Bootcamped Windows or Linux onto it, I dare say they'd be exactly the same)... Either that, or your router has some black spots; try moving your MBP around your house a bit. It doesn't make sense to extrapolate one instance of difficulty out to all devices made by the particular manufacturer in question.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac mini Server 4,1 (2.66GHz Core2Duo CPU, 16GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD), iPhone SE 2nd gen (128GB)
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
A1286 MBP5,3 running 10.9.5, iphone6, Mac mini1,1 A1176 120/2gb
Why would you want to use a weak signal wifi anyway?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
My troll alarm is ringing...

Yep - my thought too after some follow-up posts w/ poor grammar/spelling - probably a kid - but my guess and may be wrong? O:)

Attachments

• 1362014910-willow_fights_troll.jpg
    1362014910-willow_fights_troll.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 31

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.