Word for Mac

Reaction score
Using WORD for MAC.
Word seems to have tiny on-screen print..

I want to increase the print size on the screen ( not the font size of the finished document).. hope this is clear.

How do I bring up a document I have just created in my WORD application to show up on my desktop in a larger size..

I have to squint to see the font size of the on screen document.

I tried increasing font size and it did nothing.

thank you

Last edited:

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Several ways to do it Alice: Here's what I do and I have old eyes but I view Word on a 27" iMac.... I increase the document view to 125% or larger. But keep in mind that you won't be able to view an entire page of a document at once if you're on a Mac that has a screen size smaller than 21.5". (You said nothing about your Mac or which version of OS X it's running.)

Another way is to press command + to increase the view size, but it's easier if you set your normal template to open at 125% or whatever is comfortable for you.

OP
A
Reaction score
Thank you so much

THANK YOU FOR THE PROMPT RESPONSE.

I have a laptop as my only Mac..
old eyes also..but usually can manage.

I will try to increase the document view to 125%.. that should help.

ONE MORE QUESTION..IF THAT IS OK.

the page where my three page document shows up on my desktop within my Word application shows the three pages like a book..

Is there any way to bring up one page at a time.?
That also might help to fix my viewing problems.

thank you so much once again for your prompt response.

alice

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
the page where my three page document shows up on my desktop within my Word application shows the three pages like a book..

Is there any way to bring up one page at a time.?
That also might help to fix my viewing problems.

I'm not sure what you mean by "shows the three pages like a book"? Are the pages aligned horizontally, vertically, or overlapping? In any of those three instances, you can usually click on the page you wish to view to bring it forward and increase the view size as I explained above. Since my iMac screen is so large I can usually view three pages at once on screen using the 125% view. It makes it so much easier for me to edit.

C

chas_m

She means she has set Word to show pages side-by-side and would like to change that back to the single scrolling page view. I haven't used Word in a long time so I can't offer the correct menu choice.

OP
A
Reaction score
thank you!

Yes, Chas M is correct..

But i will continue to monkey around with things until I find ( hopefully ) what I want to do.

Thank you once again all of you for your kindness

alicem

M

MacInWin

I think the Word command is in the View menu and it's the one that is NOT the Print or Page view. I don't have Word on this machine and am working from a decidedly leaky wet-ware memory.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yes, Chas M is correct..

But i will continue to monkey around with things until I find ( hopefully ) what I want to do.

Thank you once again all of you for your kindness

alicem

When you set the view to enlarge (125%) Word should automatically only show one page at a time on screen. (That's on your Mac with a 13" screen.) You would then have to use the page down feature to gain access to the second page and so on. If Word was showing 3 pages at once on your screen you must have had the view set very small or to fit.

The smaller you set the view to, the more pages of a document will be able to fit on screen. Of course you'll reach a point where you can no longer read the print as it will be too small.

OP
A
Reaction score
THANK YOU CHSCAG

yes, in my "monkeying around with Word" today, i found what you said to be true ..to be true !!

I am all set..

Thank you again to all of you for all your kindness.

i plan to make this forum a regular visiting spot

bye for now
alice

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.