Managing your schedule with two computers

E

Emuleem22

What is a good way, if there is one, to keep two computers up-to-date with your iCal (or Entourage or anything else that works better for this purpose) schedule? I've inputted quite of bit of schedule in iCal on my PowerBook, and I just got an iMac yesterday, and I'm wondering if there is a more convenient way to keep the two calendars up-to-date without having to export/import for every single change. Am I just being lazy? or is there a way to utilize my .mac account to access my schedule for viewing AND updating via Internet? I'm not too good with making sure I backup my information on a regular basis, and since I use laptop equally as much as I use desktop, I wish there was a way to do something like what I've described above. Thank you.

OP
M

MJGUK

I keep all my Contacts (Address Book), Calendars (iCal) and Safari Bookmarks synced between Macs using iSync.
You can setup this up within system preferences and '.Mac' assuming you are using Tiger (10.4), similar settings are accessible through iSync in Panther if I recall correctly.

I also use an App called Chronosync to sync my work folders etc between computers. This is a really great App which will sync any number of files, folders etc between numerous computers or locations on the same computer. The options included within this are almost unlimited and it is a perfect way of keeping my Macs entierly synchronized.

The only downside is that Chronosync costs $30 for registration, although I recommend you try the demo version first, it is really excellent and well worth the price for me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 Cube
Emuleem22 said:
thanks for your input. I'll give chronosync a try!

Ditto. This looks perfect for keeping my iTunes libraries in sync! (not the band)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.