Missing Tool Bars in Apple PAGES

Reaction score
Can't find tool bars as shown on videos regarding this product. Someone suggested clicking on the X in top right. Don't see that. Can only highlight in yellow, and I'm sure there are other choices, plus many other features. Help please

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Not enough information to offer any help. Which version of Pages are you using? And which version of OS X are you running? Info on your Mac would should also be included when you post.

OP
B
Reaction score
Just d/l'd the Pages so I assume the latest version. Was around $10

Machine is actually Ipad which has iOS 7.1.2

Sorry, new to this

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
OK, you're speaking of the iOS version of Pages, not the Mac version. I currently do not have my copy of Pages for iOS installed, but the menu should be a drop down type menu. Have you tried swiping your finger or pointer up toward the top? If you don't get your answer here, try the iPad forums: LINK

M

MacInWin

On my iPad, once I open a document in Pages, there are icons in two places, one place is the top bar where the document name is displayed. The icons there are a paintbrush for "format", a "+" to insert images, a wrench for settings a box with an up arrow for sharing options and a "?" for help. The second location is just above the keyboard with a tab, justification, font, font size, bold, italic, underline and another justification choice. I can't find any settings that change those things, so that SHOULD be the default.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.