Safari cant open Google as it cant find the server.

Reaction score
I keep getting a message saying that Safari cant find server and therefore cant open Google page. I have tried Safari - preferences - to check that my homepage is Google

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
I keep getting a message saying that Safari cant find server and therefore cant open Google page. I have tried Safari - preferences - to check that my homepage is Google

Hello Sesame - you really need to provide a LOT more information: 1) What Apple computer (model/year) are you using; 2) What OS X is installed; 3) Can you open other URLs (i.e. web sites) on the computer; 4) Have you tried other routers and or 'hot spots' (such as a Starbucks); and 5) Have you 'power recycled' your modem & router (i.e. power off or plugs pulled and then repowered)? I'll stop there since specific advice is difficult to give w/o any information about your issue(s). Dave :)

OP
S
Reaction score
Safari cant open Google as it cant find the server

Hi Dave, I have an i Mac bought in 2010, Mac OSX 10.75,I can access other sites via History so my internet is working. I have not tried other "hot spots" and I have switched off everything at the wall and repowered. Nothing works. This all seemed to happen after I downloaded Google Chrome - could this have anything to do with the problem?Thanks

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.