Crossover software

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
New Imac i7, Fusion Drive, 8GB Ram.
Has anyone used Crossover software to run PC software on there Mac?

Thank you for your thoughts.

Mark F.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
If you're asking about running Windows software on a Mac using CrossOver, yes, I use it. CrossOver has a list of programs that they guaranty will run - such as Windows Office 2010 and several other popular programs like Quicken. It also runs many other programs that it does not officially support. However, it does not run everything. I could never get MS Money to run properly - as an example.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, 8GB, OS X Mavericks
Yes, I've used/am using it following recommendation on here, running office 2010 and it work really well (just need to find out work around for ms keyboard shortcuts).
You can try it for free from the codewavers website and they emailed a discount code as I neared the end of free period :)

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I am using office for mac 2013, I bought it with my new mac. But (I hate to admit it here) I still have a game or two I like to play. One is Silent Service a WW2 Sub Simulator..
So the next question is will a game work with it?

Thanks Mark

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, 8GB, OS X Mavericks
Codewavers have a great list of stuff officially supported and also stuff supported by other groups, each is rated as to how well it runs etc, take a look and see if they are in there.

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I looked it up. it's a none starter..
Thanks

Mark

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I would go ahead and try to install those games anyway. Even if a game is not on the official CrossOver list of compatibility, there's a chance that it might work anyway. I have one game that is not on the list but it installed without a hitch. The only way you're going to find out is by giving it a shot. Just make sure you use the trial version then you won't be out any $$ in case it doesn't work.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.