Microsoft Office replacement.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G4 14"; PowerMac G5 Quad Core; MacBookPro Core 2 Duo 15.4"
So........

I eventually made the plunge after umming and ahhing for what seems like (and actually was) years.
Got my baby (shiny new 14" iBook) and had the two week honeymoon. Then I had to travel (by air) and on arriving at my destination got the dreaded kernel panic. The iBook had to go back, and had a hard drive and main logic board replacement. Now I am re-united and getting down and dirty with it.

Now for the problem (sorry for being so long winded and all). I want an "Office" replacement. The Microsoft Office Trial has now expired and is now deleted. Before my iBook went for repair I had Appleworks on it which seemed fine, but it was returned to me without Appleworks installed. So I look on the install DVDs to discover that the Appleworks on it is a Trial version.

My question is, are Macs normally shipped with a full version of Appleworks or is it indeed just a Trial ?

I want to know before I go ahead and install Openoffice.

Ta muchly for any help.

Kevin.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" iBook G3 900/640/40 _ _ Power Macintosh G3 All-In-One 315/768/20 _ _ 20 GB iPod
kevin-h said:
My question is, are Macs normally shipped with a full version of Appleworks or is it indeed just a Trial ?

I want to know before I go ahead and install Openoffice.

Ta muchly for any help.

Kevin.

All iBooks ship with a full version of AppleWorks, and it should be on your system software restore disks.

OP
K
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G4 14"; PowerMac G5 Quad Core; MacBookPro Core 2 Duo 15.4"
Thread Closure.

Thanks muchly for the rapid response Padawan.

I must have had a "looking without seeing" moment when I scanned my install DVDs.

Re-loaded DVD 1 and now Appleworks installed. Although it kindly installed Appleworks in every language known to humanity into my Applications folder, which were quickly click-and-dragged into the trash folder, such is the ease of use of mac that I am rapidly picking up and starting to love.

Yup, once bitten and all that.

Cheers,

Kevin.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.