Best way of learning Photoshop ? (Help)

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I am really curios about Photoshop and eagerly want to learn this program with all details. Is there any way to do that by my self. Any online course or books that you suggest me. Step by step tutorials. I do not know where to start. Can you help me about that...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
Hello & welcome to the forum! :) Photoshop is an excellent & complex program which I used during my teaching career - a steep learning curve; so, you might want to first provide us your own needs for an imaging app, i.e. for professional/daily use or just an occasional photo manipulation? There might be other more appropriate choices, such as Pixelmator, which is on my MBPro - Dave

OP
I
Reaction score
Hello & welcome to the forum! :) Photoshop is an excellent & complex program which I used during my teaching career - a steep learning curve; so, you might want to first provide us your own needs for an imaging app, i.e. for professional/daily use or just an occasional photo manipulation? There might be other more appropriate choices, such as Pixelmator, which is on my MBPro - Dave

Thank you for your response actually I want to be a graphic designer of course not as my professional occupation but I want to both edit my photos and also create and design some graphics like logos, text effects etc. and may be at some point I can turn my works into professional works

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac: 5K 27” (2020), 3.3 GHz, 32Gb RAM. iPad2, iPad mini4, iPhone 13 Mini, Apple Watch SE

It's amazing the information one finds on this forum - stuff you didn't even know that you didn't know. Thanks for this list - it will keep one happy reader here very busy for some time to come.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21 M1 Pro 14" MBP, 23 M2 Pro Mac Mini (MacOS 14), iPhone 15 Pro Max (iOS 17), iPad 6 (iPadOS 17)
I signed up for Adobe CC earlier this year but so far have only used LR

Really need to get to grips with photoshop so thanks for the links

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21 M1 Pro 14" MBP, 23 M2 Pro Mac Mini (MacOS 14), iPhone 15 Pro Max (iOS 17), iPad 6 (iPadOS 17)
Just come across this - looke pretty comprehensive and I just watched the one on dodging and burning which was really simple to follow

Learn Photoshop CC | Adobe TV

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
I'd definately consider the photoshop bible by Deke McClelland.
IMO the best book and learning resource for Photoshop.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
L2012 Mini, i7 2.6Ghz, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD + 1TB HDD(fusion), BenQ 32" 2.5k QHD Display
Hi everyone, I am really curios about Photoshop and eagerly want to learn this program with all details. Is there any way to do that by my self. Any online course or books that you suggest me. Step by step tutorials. I do not know where to start. Can you help me about that...

I do a little but of Photoshop on my blog, however I work more in Lightroom when possible. That said Phlearn on Youtube is dedicated to Ps and has some really great all around tutorials.

Cheers,
Joe

Reaction score
Thank you for your response actually I want to be a graphic designer of course not as my professional occupation but I want to both edit my photos and also create and design some graphics like logos, text effects etc. and may be at some point I can turn my works into professional works

In this case, you're going to want to learn a vector-based design program too. Illustrator is good since you're going with Photoshop. They go hand in hand. You might want to consider taking a class or two at a local community college. That way you have access to a teacher to ask a lot of questions.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I Mac 27-inch 3.2 GHz Intel Core i5 24GB ram. MacBook Pro 13-inch 2.5GHz dual-core Intel i5 16GB ram
Lynda.com has very good video lessons on Photoshop.
Also there is a free trial.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.