Maverick Download

Reaction score
Can anyone advise how I unpause my Maverick download? I've been waiting 12 hours for it to complete the process, and it won't budge. What could be wrong? I''m running 10.6.8 on a Macbook Pro and an iMac.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Did you access the Mac App Store and try to press the download button for Mavericks? If the download is paused, it should go to resume. Let us know if that works for you.

OP
C
Reaction score
Thanks admin., but I tried that repeatedly, without success. I've given up on Maverick now, after some of the discouraging posts. I was only downloading because my Skype upgrade was insisting on it, but somehow that upgrade has now gone through and the new Skype is functioning. A pity about Mavericks though.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Go into the App Store, and hit "Purchases'. It should appear there as 'Resume' or 'Install'.

OP
C
Reaction score
Thanks Harry, but I never got a drop-down, couldn't make an intervention in the Maverick download, and aborted it. As it turns out, I don't need it to run the new version of Skype, which I was told (by Skype) it did. All good now.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
FWIW, I just went trough the Skype upgrade hassle yesterday on my wife's iMac running SL and all I was getting was the latest version that needed Mavericks +.

In the end, all one has to do is use the old version's "update check", and it downloaded the appropriate usable updated version to use with Snow Leopard 10.6.8.

OP
C
Reaction score
Thanks pm-r, and you know what, I think this is what has happened without me doing it. Even though I aborted the Maverick download, Skype 6.15 has suddenly appeared in my apps and is up and running. It must have happened when I did an Apple software update.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
Thanks pm-r, and you know what, I think this is what has happened without me doing it. Even though I aborted the Maverick download, Skype 6.15 has suddenly appeared in my apps and is up and running. It must have happened when I did an Apple software update.

I'm just curious, but it sounds like your Skype upgrade avoided all the integrated Facbook crap it kept asking for, such as addresses and contact, life history and personal info etc., etc. ...which I denied and bypassed, but a PITA none the less.

Then I noticed a very small light grey on a darker grey text notice that all my wife's data would be shared!! What the ....!!!!

She doesn't even have a FB account, but uses mine when she wants to see what our friends etc. are up to.

That made me look at my Facebook Settings and in particular the 'Facebook App settings' and 'facebook Apps you use' etc. Scary stuff, now all Trashed.

So I did some web searching on various things like: Facebook and Skype; Facebook App settings; and on one of the Apps info pieces that said "...such in such is providing info to help track the info that will help me"... What... even more tracking stuff???

So, with more web searching I came up with some other scary stuff, and one you might want to read:
What You Can Do About Facebook Tracking - WSJ

Anyway, it wasn't all related to Skype but other stuff and sites I'd never been to or used, and maybe something you and others may want to check.

This almost needs it's own subject thread... but here's some info for now. ;)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.