share files wirlessly from pc to ibook

M

me399

Hey all,

I would like to know if it is possible to share files wirelessly from my pc to my apple ibook. If so what do I need to do to set this up. I already have a router and such, I just have no clue how to do the file sharing. If someone could talk me through this it would really make my life allot easier.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
First of all, your router has to be wireless, which I'm assuming it is. Secondly, right click on the drives or folders that you want shared in Windows and set them to be shared.

Thirdly, on your iBook, go into the Sys Prefs and select "sharing," then check the "windows sharing" box. You have to setup a user account on your iBook so you can login to your iBook from another computer, this being your PC laptop. You can do this in the "Accounts" tab in the Sys Prefs. If you're using your PC laptop to share files, go into "My Network," and your ibook should show up, and once you double click it, a window should pop up asking for a username/password. I THINK you can use your existing iBook user account's name/pswd to do this, if not, just make another account on your iBook. This should work. Good Luck!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacbookPro 15.4, 2.2ghz i7 (Late 2011), Macbook 1,1 1.83ghz CoreDuo
if you have bluetooth in the ibook, you can also buy an adapter for the PC for bluetooth, and xfer files that way, thats what i do. its pretty quick, depends on the range. My laptop PC and mac mini are right next to each other. so i have no problems

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro with 1GB ram
Another way and the way i use is a NAS system. You may want to look into this.
Basically a small computer with a HDD, then you hook up to your router. Everyone has shared files, also an added bonus depending which NAS you buy you can setup a web server, file server, back up files etc.

Well worth a few google searches

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.