call me crazy...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12 in PowerBook 1.5ghz
I still can hardly believe this myself. however, for the second time in the past two weeks, an important powerpoint presentation which i downloaded off of my university's website has completely disappeared from the folder I saved it in previously.

I have no idea how this could have happened, but I spotlighted the title and it is not on my HD anymore. but it has happened twice, and I was wondering if anyone had any ideas why these presenations are disappearing.

On a side note, I noticed since I started using my mac a few montsh ago that every time you come across an image inserted into a slide in PP when working on a mac, it has to convert the "metafile." This never happens in XP. If I am opening a PP with images inserted in it (equations from equation editor or clip art for example)for the first time after downloading, and save it right after opening it, PP tries to convert all of the metafiles in the presentation before it will allow me to save. Sometimes, these metafiles are unreadable and show up as a large red "X" on the slide where they have been placed.

I dont know if this has much to do with it, but i was curious as to why OSX has to save the metafiles and if not saving the metafiles first could somehow cause me to lose the file later on.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
can you link us to one of the pp presentations that is in question here. if not send me an im and ill give you my email address and then see if i can open them up.

also, no file should just disapear from your computer, you should have to delete it some way or another.

pp presentations should just open with no questions asked.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.25Ghz Mini, 512MB, 40GB
You know 99.99999% of the time that true, but I have had it happen to me once. For me an entire photo folder disapeared over night, no one else in the house, there at night gone in the morning! I guess it's one of thoes funny little things that can happen with no explination.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.