problem transferring my Firefox bookmarks to our new imac

Reaction score
Hello, we just bought an imac to replace our mini-mac. My problem is that when we transferred everything over with the help of migration assistant, I lost my Firefox Bookmarks, the program copied over but the bookmarks didn't. I need help to proceed, thank you!

pbd

Reaction score
I have used Firefox for years and am a recent Mac switcher. I had no problems with this using Firefox synch. Just signed up on my Windows computer, installed FF on the Mac and everything, including passwords was on the Mac - worked great.

OP
T
Reaction score
I have used Firefox for years and am a recent Mac switcher. I had no problems with this using Firefox synch. Just signed up on my Windows computer, installed FF on the Mac and everything, including passwords was on the Mac - worked great.

Thank you! We worked it out, but I'll keep synch in mind.

pbd

Reaction score
The other thing to consider is to use XMarks. Been using it for years (from when it was Foxmarks) and it is a great little add on.

Reaction score
You use Firefox sync AND Xmarks? Redundant much? :)

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I was using XMarks at one time to sync bookmarks between Safari and Chrome but had to finally abandon it because it was creating duplicates each time I updated a bookmark. It turned out to be more trouble than manually creating the bookmarks myself.

Reaction score
Had the same problem with duplicates. Now I sync with Dropbox.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.