PDA

View Full Version : Fox News 'Stocks testing new highs' has....

farmcock
02-27-2006, 04:33 PM
rumor started by a Barron's analyst that Apple is positioning itself to make buyout bid for Disney now that Steve is on the board of Disney.

yogi
02-27-2006, 05:37 PM
That would be some news I tell you, maybe apple wants to take over the entertainment business altogetehr :) !

But hardly tomorrow's announcement, as tomorrow's shw is titled "Join us for some fun new products".

But it'd be cool all the same.

EDIT-XTREEM
02-27-2006, 06:43 PM
The disney ipod?

kaidomac
02-27-2006, 08:25 PM
The disney ipod?

You don't even know how good that would be...a video iPod about 3" bigger all around...it's already fairly kid-proof...add some Disney content and voila, instant car trip pacifier :D

EDIT-XTREEM
02-27-2006, 09:06 PM
it would be like the u2 ipod. i could see it now. Jobs:'' now shipping, the disney ipod"

techster82
02-28-2006, 01:47 PM
I can't say that an Apple buyout of Disney would ever happen, or is even possible. I don't think Apple has near the capital to leverage something like that. The big news on the Pixar deal is that with Disney acquiring that studio, Steve Jobs will own 7% or Disney stock, which will make him the largest single holder of Disney Stock. That is much more than Michael Eisner's 1% and will make Steve a member of the Disney Board of Directors. I have to say that is a far fetched idea Apple taking over when they can't even get their market share to increase at more than a snail's pace. I would say there is a better chance of Apple converting to Windows than them buying Disney.