Black Screen Upon Windows 7 install with boot camp

Reaction score
Hi guys, I just bought a 15" MacBook pro yesterday and I'm already having fairly serious trouble with it. Today I was using boot camp to install windows seven and all was going well until boot camp finished. I used a USB thumb drive to help install windows. My computer froze as soon as boot camp finished doing whatever it does. I shut it off using the power key and turned it back on. When it booted back up windows had started. I went through the usual setup and I came to the step where it asks to choose a partition to install it on. It wouldn't allow me to use any of the partitions so I went back to try and figure out what I did wrong. From there it brought me to a black screen that says "No bootable device -- insert boot disc and press any key". I have no boot disc and the computer doesn't respond to anything. Immediate help would be appreciated.

Reaction score
Sound like you have deleted to the boot sequence for mac. What MACOSX did you have note did as this will need a similar bootup disk. The alternative is marry up with another mac to via firewire cable PRESS T until it shows up on the master computer as a sparedrive.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
It sounds like you tried to install Windows on your OS X partition. More info about your Mac would certainly help us to help you though. Is this a new Mac or a new used Mac?

Also, you could try booting by holding down your command + r keys and go into recovery. From there it may be possible to repair OS X or reinstall from the internet.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.