• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Dual Display?

B

blueflamez

Im looking to get a new G5 system to run FCP Studio. Im am trying to decide on getting a single 23" display or two 20" displays. I was originally set on getting a single 23" just for the shear amount of workspace available, but my friend is trying to talk me into getting two 20" displays. I am used to working on a single 19" display for editing at work at the moment...what is the second display usually used for when editing video? Is it primarily used as a canvas preview or more workspace? Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
I have to the 23 inch display but at times thought about the dual 20 inch instead. With that said I will tell you what I would have done if I got the dual 20 inchs..

If I were to have a dual 20 inch then I would have the timeline and browser and I would set up a workspace for that screen that would increase my productivity. Then I would set up a canavas and viewer in the other screen.

OP
B

blueflamez

Thanks...Does mac os have the ability to set it up like that automatically or do i need 3rd party software?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mac os x allows for screen spanning on video cards that can support it. you will not need any 3rd party software.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I prefer the 23 inch that I have now, but in a couple years, I want to buy another one.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.