Pages Documents now showing on iPhone

Reaction score
Pages documents created on my iMac are not showing on my iPhone. Only an icon is showing when I open Pages on my phone??

C

chas_m

Do you have an iCloud account? Do you have Documents in the Cloud syncing turned on on both the iPhone and the Mac? What happens if you visit the iCloud website (using a Mac or Windows browser), can you see and open the document there?

Background info like what model of Mac, system version, Pages version would also be super helpful.

OP
B
Reaction score
Many thanks for your replies. Full details of my set up are:-

• Computer is iMac 2011 model. OSX is Version 10.9.3. Pages is V 5.2 (1860) Docs are saved on iCloud.
• Phone is iPhone 4S. Software is iOS 7.1.1. Pages is V2.2.1 (1263). “Use iCloud” is switched on.
• iPad is the first version made. Software is V 5.1.1 (9B206). Pages is V 1.7.2 (753). “Use iCloud” is switched on.
I have checked iCloud web site and under “Pages” all my documents are shown.

I have today created a new document using Pages and it shows up on my iPhone as you would expect. All other earlier documents only show as the Pages icon but with the correct file name underneath. It does not appear, even as an icon, on my iPad.

C

chas_m

I think your version of Pages for the iPad is too old to read the documents created by the new version of Pages on other devices. One way to test that: create a document and save as the older version of Pages. See if the iPad can "see" that one. If it can't, that could be the answer.

OP
B
Reaction score
Many thanks chas_m I did as suggested and saved a new file to pages 09 which showed on my old iPad. Case closed, I think. Thanks again. Paul

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.