I have lost my Apple ID

Reaction score
In trying to sort out Apple id problems following a change of email address I have ended up without a valid Apple ID. I started with a valid ID consisting of my current email address plus a password. I must have made a mistake in renaming the ID to the old email address to change the ID on various devices. IAll I have left by way of information is my current email address. I have somehow lost a valid password to go with it. I have tried creating a new id based on my email address but I get a message:"The Incident ID is N/A, which I assume is because an id with
the same email address already exists. Idon't know where to go with this.

Ken Elis

C

chas_m

Even though an Apple ID may be based on an old email address where the old email address is no longer valid, the Apple ID itself is unaffected by this and can continue to be used. There is a facility within iTunes to CHANGE the email address of an existing Apple ID to a new one.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro5.1,Dual2.4GHzXeon,10.13.6,4x6TB HD,128GB Mem,Dual 32" monitors
Apple Tech Support, 800-275-2273 they will charge you $19.95 to take care of your problem if you can't get it fixed with the forums help.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.