Wacom and Mavericks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP with SSD, i7 Quad Core Processor
Hi all,
I've been following an ongoing discussion in Wacom Forum, about Wacom Tablets not working well with Maverick OS. Is anyone here familiar with whether this issue has been fixed yet? I have a large Intuos4, but it is USB tethered to my MBP. I'm looking into getting a wireless version of Wacom, possibly in a smaller form factor, but don't want to take the plunge if I will have problems with them playing nice with Maverick! Either way, I will probably not be using the Intuos4 again...simply larger than I now need. If this is still an ongoing situation, does anyone know of a decent (non-Wacom) Wireless Graphics Tablet that can be used with Maverick OS?
Any information anyone?
Unkei

Last edited:
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Don't think you will get any assistance. Mac operating systems for Macs exclusively.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Don't think you will get any assistance. Mac operating systems for Macs exclusively.

Harry a Wacom tablet is a Drawing Tablet the Pro's use with Photoshop and the Adobe Suite to draw onto the screen of the Mac. Its not a Tablet like the iPad but one that is a over size Track Pad that you use with a pen to draw nice things in Adobe :)

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
If the newer or contemporary Wacom tablets are using Bonjour discovery to connect wireless to your Mac and you're using Mavericks, chances are it's not going to work. As far as I can determine, Bonjour is broken in Mavericks. It no longer works to connect wireless printers that depend on it re: (Brother and HP).

OP
Doc Holliday
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Not sure why I'm getting this type of response. I am a professional photographer using Photoshop CS6, and have been using a Wacom Intuos4 Graphics Tablet for my retouching and post processing. Have been doing so for many years. My computer is a MBP with SSD, i7 Quad Core Processor, and I have 3 external 1TB Passport Drives. This ain't my first dance! Just thought I could ask a civil question and hope for a civil response. OH..and by the way harryb2448, Maverick is the latest iteration of Mac OSX, so one would assume I had posted my question in the appropriate area. Thank you, TattoedMac for explaining to him what a Graphics Tablet is. I shall quietly go away now!
Unkei

Last edited:
OP
Doc Holliday
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks chscag,
That was somewhat helpful, and I appreciate your polite response.
Thanks,
Unkei

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
With that kind of attitude you're not likely to get any help at all. Our forum members are volunteers not paid tech support personnel. If you don't like an answer, either move on or wait for another reply but there is no need to insult one of our members - who by the way happens to be very knowledgeable.

OP
Doc Holliday
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
With that kind of attitude you're not likely to get any help at all. Our forum members are volunteers not paid tech support personnel. If you don't like an answer, either move on or wait for another reply but there is no need to insult one of our members - who by the way happens to be very knowledgeable.

You are most assuredly right! Somehow, it just seemed as if I were the one being insulted. My bad! And I shall now move on. A very gracious adieu to one and all.
Unkei

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.