iMac losing connection to wi-fi printer

Reaction score
This is the message from the log file 09/06/2014 16:22:16.000 kernel: smb_smb_negotiate: Support for the server TECHNICOLOR has been deprecated (PreXP), disconnecting
Technicolour is the router brand.
When I start the iMac it connects to the printer with no problems but after a while when I send a print job. I get the message that the printer is not connected. Only way to get it to re-connect seems to be to restart the iMac.
I am not very technical but any thoughts welcome ??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
Hi Keenone - first, welcome to the forum! :)

Second, you've provided virtually no information about your computer setup: 1) What Mac computer (model & month/year) and OS X are you using; 2) What printer do you own (brand/model); 3) More modem/router information (brands/models/ISP); and 4) Is your printer wired via USB or just using Wi-Fi?

This might get the discussion started - good luck. Dave

OP
K
Reaction score
Hi RadDave and thanks for the advise. Let me try and give more info.
My computer is iMac 27-inch, Mid 2011, Processor 3.1 GHz Intel Core i5, Memory 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3, Graphics AMD Radeon HD 6970M 1024 MB, Software Mac OS X Lion 10.7.5 (11G63).
The printer is an Epson Stylus Office BX635FWD. The modem is a Technicolor TG582n which I purchased from my ISP Zen and is Wi-Fi certified. The printer supports USB, ethernet and Wi-Fi. The Wi-Fi works fine when the iMac is just booted but loses the connection to the printer after just a few minutes.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.