printer on a network

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
powermacG5 2.3ghz 2gig ram running logicpro7
Ello

i have a problem trying to get my mac to see a printer, the said printer is wired up to the network throu an windows based pc. I can get my 4 windows based pc's to find and print from the printer and no joy with the mac can anyone help me set this up?

cheers :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" iBook 1.33
Tiger2,

go to system preferences and open up print & fax, choose the + button to add a printer, then enter the ip address of the computer that the printer is connected to and choose the printer driver type.

You can get the ip addresses of the computer by going into your router under the dhcp settings.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
you can also get the ip address on the pc itself, go to run and type in cmd.. at the prompt type:
this will give you the ip information of that system.

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
powermacG5 2.3ghz 2gig ram running logicpro7
done all above still no joy :( ive opened the shared printing and windows sharing on the mac, but still nothing ive also installed the software that came with the epson r200 so i can print on disc's on the mac.

is there anything else that could be wrong?

the network is working fine as i can transfer files to and from the computers on the network

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.