screwed up..............w/logmein

Reaction score
alright guys, my AT&T uverse was not working, asked my daughter to get me their customer service number off her iphone........i called and a person started taking me through steps to solve........about 30 minutes later, i let them into my Mac through logmein, person was showing me IP addresses that were using my internet and than I was asked for $349 to fix all devices...........immediately knew i was a dumb***** and dialed the wrong number..............hung up and logged off the logmein. changed all passwords that I have used. is there anything else i should do? thx in advance.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
No, as long as you changed all your passwords with strong ones and removed Logmein you should be OK. Also open System Preferences, Sharing, and make sure you're not sharing anything.

I'm wondering though, just who did you contact if not AT&T U-Verse support? Usually, when contacting their support, you'll experience a long wait until a technician comes on line. And it's rare when they would need access to your machine to solve a problem.

OP
S
Reaction score
thanks for the info. how can i make sure i removed logmein? really not sure who I was talking to, I was put on hold, waited a few minutes, just like a service call...........I tried to get information as soon as person asked for $349 and they hung up. knew I had been had...............such a dummy. won't ever happen again...........i hope. have a great one.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
how can i make sure i removed logmein?

See the following Logmein support article. Make sure you follow the directions for uninstallation on a Mac, not Windows. LINK

OP
S
Reaction score
I did not download logmein, I downloaded it. Is that the same? I placed it in my trash. I put it back into applications but when I doubleclicked, it opens up and there is not an about tab to uninstall. Is that ok to just put in trash? Lmkp.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I did not download logmein, I downloaded it. Is that the same?

Huh??

First you said that you did not download it. Then you say you did download it.:Confused:

- Nick

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I did not download logmein, I downloaded it. Is that the same?

Your statement above is confusing, what did you download if not Logmein? Put it in the Trash and empty it. No one can log on to your machine without your permission anyway - even if you keep Logmein.

OP
S
Reaction score
Sorry bout confusion.....I did download. I didn't install and save, I downloaded it. Is all that the same? Sorry, I'm just an old football coach, not too good at many things other than trying to teach young people about discipline and character.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sorry, I'm just an old football coach, not too good at many things other than trying to teach young people about discipline and character.

Hey, it's OK. It's a lot tougher teaching young folks about discipline and character. Been there, done that when my son was playing football and baseball. Don't worry about it as I stated. You're safe as long as you don't allow anyone access to your machine. Dump Logmein in the Trash and empty it. I believe all you did was download the contact client which automatically installs itself so the other side has access.

OP
S
Reaction score
Thx for all help. My first Mac is only few weeks old and I have a lot of learning to do.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.