New Switcher Here

Reaction score
Hey fine gentle People:

Just got my new 27" I Mac this week and loving everything about it so-far.

This is without a doubt one of the coolest computers I have ever owned or built.

I had some serious reservations about making the switch over to a mac but after a couple of days with it (still learning...lol) I can say those fears were totally unjustified.

Even though I am heavily invested in Windows including 2 new WP Nokia's ( 1520/1020) I can see myself moving completely off of Windows in the next year- year/1/2 especially with the larger 5.5" iPhone due out this year.

To tell the truth I have always admired the Mac desktop for it's graphics programs but until a catostrophic melt down of my PC last week couldn't convince myself it was time to change nor convince the wife to spend the money on it. It took her actually comparing the various ones at the Apple store and 2 awesome technicians who knew their stuff to show here just how productive she could be on one and all of the really cool features on it as well.

I have a question for you all here if this is the appropriate place to ask,if not mods would you move it where it needs to go.

I have a Lite On internal blue ray player I pulled out of my PC and I would like to be able to utilize for this I Mac. Is it possible to get a enclosure for it and hook it up to one of the usb ports on the back or would I just be better off buying one. If the later...which brands are the most recommended from all of your perspectives.

Thanks Again and I am sure I will be asking some other dumb questions here and there.

Mac

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.