Temperature problem?

Reaction score
Hey, my temps on my mac are getting a little high and fans are speeding up more than normal.

My Macbook is a MBP 15" Mid 2012

Only watching videos on youtube, so nothing major.

Temps are:

HD: 37
CPU heatsink: 57
Ambient: 46
Enclosure base: 33
Enclosure base 2: 33
Enclosure base 3: 31
GPU: 66
GPU Diode: 73

Any thoughts on this would be great, thanks :)

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Only watching videos on youtube, so nothing major.

Any thoughts on this would be great, thanks :)

Those temps are not a problem. And by the way...watching videos on You Tube is actually a pretty strenuous computer activity. That's why your computer is heating up...and the fans are getting louder.

- Nick

OP
C
Reaction score
Those temps are not a problem. And by the way...watching videos on You Tube is actually a pretty strenuous computer activity. That's why your computer is heating up...and the fans are getting louder.

- Nick

Thanks Nick :) What temperatures should be concerned about? like 90+ on the Diode?

Also, whilst you're here;

I'm still on 10.8.5, with 16GB of Ram, do you think i should upgrade to Mavericks? My friend upgraded with only 4GB of Ram and her macbook, (same spec as mine apart from the ram) has gone really slow.

Whats your opinion?

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
What temperatures should be concerned about? like 90+ on the Diode?

None. If it gets too hot...it will automatically shutoff before any damage occurs.

I'm still on 10.8.5, with 16GB of Ram, do you think i should upgrade to Mavericks? My friend upgraded with only 4GB of Ram and her macbook, (same spec as mine apart from the ram) has gone really slow.

Whats your opinion?

Hundreds of thousands (probably millions) of folks have upgraded to Mavericks without any issues.

I'm 99% sure your friends computer issue is related to something else other than Mavericks.

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Her slowness will not be related to Mavericks as it is fast and rock steady. Maybe her hard drive is over the 75% full mark, she needs to use Onyx or maybe increase that 4GB of memory.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.