• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Slideshow w/ iLife'05

R

rufmanj

Hey,

I jusy bought an Imac G5, 1.8, 1 gig ram, with iLife'05 and Toast Titanium7, and I'm trying to make a slideshow that I can play on any Dvd player attached to a TV.

I have about 400 pix I want to use and a few simple instrumentals for the soundtrack.

I've made a few slideshows already, but the results have been mixed.

Here's what I've done so far:

I made a slideshow in iDVD and burned it - the photo quality was excellent but the audio stopped at every slide change, not unlike an audio hiccup.

Next, I made the same slideshow in iPhoto and sent it to idvd and burned it, and the audio was much better (it ran continuously) but the video quality had streaks and was not up to par.

Then I went back to Idvd and tried to make a disc image of the slideshow to burn in Toast, but iDVD got stuck each time and I had to force quit.

So I need advice on the best way to make a slideshow in iLife'05. I haven't tried using iMovie yet - that may be my next experiment.

I'm looking to make the highest quality slideshow I can using these apps. I heard photo-to-movie is good, but if I can avoid buying any more software, I'd rather go with what I have.

So if anyone has slideshow experience and can lend some experienced advice, I'd appreciate it so much.

Many thanks!

-Rufmanj

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.