Google~Grrrrr!

Reaction score
Greetings . . . I'm new to posting here; but according to the intro; this is where I'm suppose to post my 'beginner question.' . . .

So, here it goes, I have gmail & the ONLY thing I want from Google is the ability to use their email . . . but somehow, somewhere along the way, I must have activated some sore of syncing/link between the "Google Calendar" & my iCalendar" . . . and this drives me NUTS!!! . . .

Can anyone tell me how to sever this relationship w/out affecting anything else on my MAC . . . . (e.g., I don't want to negatively affect the syncing relationship between my Mac products & certain apps (e.g., Contacts, Emails, Safari Favorites, etc) . . .

I just don't want my iCalenders to be synced up w/t he Google Calendar . . . I have issues w/ this and would like to sever it . . . so, pllllleeeeeaaaase help me . . . bottom line is I want Gmail . . . for just that "Gmail" . . .

Best Regards & thanks in advance for anyone willing to respond to my query. . .

Steve

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Go to Calendar > Accounts... > disable the Google calendar. Simple as that.

OP
S
Reaction score
Thank you VanSmith . . . but I have a f/u question to that (if you wouldn't mind) . .. will doing as you suggested negatively affect the syncing of my calendars between my numerous Mac products in the house?

p.s., the reason I ask, I've never used Google Calendar for ANYTHING . . . (even though I use my iCal routinely) . .. & when I enter these events into my iCal . . .they're also being written to my Google Calendar . . . & I don't remember setting this up . . . but it exists . . . so, hopefully your answer resolves my issue; but I just don't want to affect the syncing of the calendar events between the Macs in my household . . hope that made sense . ..

Thanks again, VanSmith . . .

Reaction score
Might also want to go into System Preferences, Internet Accounts and un-check Calendars. Probably does pretty much the same thing.

2014-05-14 17-00-18 2014-05-14 17-00-57.png

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Thank you VanSmith . . . but I have a f/u question to that (if you wouldn't mind) . .. will doing as you suggested negatively affect the syncing of my calendars between my numerous Mac products in the house?

p.s., the reason I ask, I've never used Google Calendar for ANYTHING . . . (even though I use my iCal routinely) . .. & when I enter these events into my iCal . . .they're also being written to my Google Calendar . . . & I don't remember setting this up . . . but it exists . . . so, hopefully your answer resolves my issue; but I just don't want to affect the syncing of the calendar events between the Macs in my household . . hope that made sense . ..

Thanks again, VanSmith . . .
I suppose my question here is "what are you using to sync calendars between your Macs?" Regardless, no, disabling Google calendar sync will not remove this as long as that's not what you're using to sync calendar info.

Might also want to go into System Preferences, Internet Accounts and un-check Calendars. Probably does pretty much the same thing.
It does exactly the same thing. ;)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.