Installing Apps

M

mnlclo

Hello,

I've been using my G3 iBook for so time now and I installed FireFox.
Now when I go to run the program a little white firefox drive appears on the desktop.
How do I run firefox (or any program I have downloaded for that matter) without the white drive appearing?

Any help is much appreciated.

P.S. I know this is kind of a stupid question but I don't know what the correct terminology is for the "white drive that pops up on the destop when I run Firefox"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.25Ghz Mini, 512MB, 40GB
As far as I know there is no way to stop this, at least I haven't found a solution in the last 3 years! It could be possible though, someone else around here could know if it's possible.

Reaction score
You need to drag and drop the firefox application which is inside the white disk to the application folder on your harddrive.

The white drive is just an install disk, a bit like a CD. When you have finished installing click on the white drive and goto file>eject to eject it and then you can also delete the firefox.dmg file.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.