reading problems

Reaction score
New here,so hello to all, my Question is on some web pages words are printed on top of other words making reading difficult, can anything be done on my end to correct this problem?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad Pro 12.9 latest iOS
Welcome to the forums.
What Operating system version are you running and what browser ( and version ) ?
Have you tried another browser ?

Cheers ... McBie

OP
Reaction score
Browser

operating system is mavericks, and browser is Safari 7.0.3, and I tried firefox and had the same problem. May just be the web site problems

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
operating system is mavericks, and browser is Safari 7.0.3, and I tried firefox and had the same problem. May just be the web site problems

What resolution do you have your Mac set at? It almost sounds like you're running at a lower resolution than the native causing an overlapping of some web sites. Or are you using a utility to enhance font display such as "TinkerTool"? And... have you changed the font sizes in Safari preferences and in Firefox preferences?

Anyone of the above can cause the problem you're seeing.

OP
Reaction score
display

I have not changed anything, the display shows to be
2560X1440, as I look at the problem sites it is where they filled out a form and the answers to the questions are typed on top of the question. example:

Total out of pocket expense $2000

and the amount you have spent is typed on top of this.
I hope you can understand my example

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
OK, thanks for the clarification. What you described is something I have seen myself on certain sites. Here's one reason that might be happening:

The site or web pages might have been designed for readability with Internet Explorer and not properly tested for Safari or the Mac version of Firefox. Or it may have just been designed to be read at a certain resolution which amounts to sloppy programming. There's not much you can do to correct it.

OP
Reaction score
reading

That is what I was afraid of might be the problem, thanks for the info

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.