Graphic Card issue

A

\_/Arkadia\_/

I have a G4 512 MB 450 Mhz running Panther 10.3.1 with the original 16 MB AGP card inside. I also have a 64 MB ATI Radeon 7000 PCI card, so the question is: What will give me the best performance? Low memory and AGP, of more memory and PCI? I hope somebody can give me an answer to this. Of course, the best would be a AGP card with lots of memory, but that is for the moment out of reach!

I also wonder aboyt Quartz Extreme, nice to to know more about this too.

OP
M

malt

\_/Arkadia\_/ said:
I have a G4 512 MB 450 Mhz running Panther 10.3.1 with the original 16 MB AGP card inside. I also have a 64 MB ATI Radeon 7000 PCI card, so the question is: What will give me the best performance? Low memory and AGP, of more memory and PCI? I hope somebody can give me an answer to this. Of course, the best would be a AGP card with lots of memory, but that is for the moment out of reach!

I also wonder about Quartz Extreme, nice to to know more about this too.
Do what I did, sell both, and buy an AGP radeon card on ebay, It made my GUI faster reacting. Oh, and Quartz Extreme, it causes certain elements of your GUI to be rendered as OpenGL objects that are handled by the graphics card, rather than the G4 processor. This offloads the ammount of work that your processor has to do, therefore making your system perform faster.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.