mac installer

Reaction score
changed my printer and installer will not let me install, keeps asking for password and my apple id will not work, and i do not remember ever putting a password on installer or key chain, what do i do now. running leopard 10.7.5, Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Not your Apple ID password, but your account password. If you only have one account, that account is also an Administrator and the password is needed to install software/drivers. If you have multiple accounts, you should use the account that has been deemed Administrator as well to do the installation..

OP
R
Reaction score
I understand the acct password, but is there anyway to get around this because I have lost the password and i dont remember ever applying one.

OP
R
Reaction score
I only have one acct, but i have lost the password or I dont remember it, anyway, is there anyway to get around the password request or to delete it,or to unlock it??? thanks

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Threads merged.

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.