Is the Junk button the same as Mailwasher ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" + iPhone 5S
Hi I can recall that whenever I received emails in Windose I used MailWasher, this sorted out the Spam and Junk and all the nasty stuff, in fact I think it even bounced the Spam back if you wanted to, for whatever good that did !!!

In MAIL in OS X I can select stuff to be assigned to the JUNK folder, so does anyone know if this actually does anything ?, is this Junk emails address recorded anywhere and I never receive emails from this Email address ever again ?

I would be pleased to know if sending emails to JUNK actually does anything ?

Tim

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
It keeps them from showing up in your inbox which is the goal of spam filters.

Reaction score
It moves whatever you marked as Junk to a Junk folder where it gets deleted after a certain amount of time.
Mail can 'learn' addresses marked as junk and move them automatically after a while.
It will not reject, unsubscribe, return or stop the junk, just put it where you cant see it unless you look in the Junk folder.

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" + iPhone 5S
Thank You Lads, are you the only two chaps who answer posts from newbies like me ??? ;) LOL.

OK, thanks for the Heads Up on Mail and the Junk Folder, that certainly TOLD ME eh :)

Tim

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.