• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

I would like to "screenshot" a short video clip

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" + iPhone 5S
Hi all, I have been given the task of creating a DVD Video of 3 Video clips from various BBC News programs, basically I have a menu with three thumbnails to select either of the three video clips.

One of the three videos is a collection of four further video clips, between each of these four video clips I have created a transition, so it smoothly flows from one video clip to the other.

What I would like to do, is to make a short Video (or is it a screencast ?) of this Transition so that I can send it to my Friend to get his approval of what I have done for him, I can then easily change it, before I burn it to DVD and post it off to him.

I probably already have an App that can do this, but I am dammed if I know which one of my Apps can actually do it, so any suggestion would be very welcome, thanks

Tim

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP17 8GB/1.9TB 2xSSDs Sierra • MBA11 4/128GB • TC 2TB • TV3 • iPh6 128GB • iPadPro12
Screen Capture Tool Lite from the App Store should do the trick:

ScreenShot2014-04-21at111433_zpsff58a34f.png

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" + iPhone 5S
Screen Capture Tool Lite from the App Store should do the trick:

Thank you David, that worked a treat, I only wanted a short clip, so I ended up with a clip that was far too long (23mb) and wanted Editing, so I was well miffed when my Video Editing software wouldn't recognise the .mov file the screenshot program gave me.

So, despite all your fantastic help, I give up with it, he will have to accept it how it is, which I reckon is pretty good :)

tim

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" + iPhone 5S

Hey chaps I didnt see your responses until later Sorry, all good stuff, I feel I should give them both a try, thanks for taking the trouble to help me :)

Later:- I found I already had Monosnap I found it was by far the easiest one to use of the bunch THANKS.

Later still :- in using Monosnap (very easily), I found a problem with the sound not working, a quick message to the developer soon sorted it out, so I will have sound as well as vision the next time I use MonoSnap :) It does the job I wanted perfectly.

Tim

Last edited:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.