Well, its done!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27", Late 2013
So I bit the bullet and bought myself a Mac Mini today, had it all setup in short order and without any problems.

Everything going well so far, the only thing that has caused a niggle is the keyboard is wobbly on the lower left side, it taps on the desk when I'm typing so I've put a thin piece of cardboard underneath to silence it, working so far aha. Reckon I'll get myself a desk mat of some description to sit the keyboard on.

All good so far :)

M

MacInWin

Welcome to the Mac world! I'm surprised about the wobble, Apple keyboards have all been brilliant for me.

OP
Fisher85
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27", Late 2013
Welcome to the Mac world! I'm surprised about the wobble, Apple keyboards have all been brilliant for me.

Well, it might be more the desk than the keyboard I've been wondering. When I move the keyboard to another area on the desk surface and type, it appears to be fine in some places.....just not where the keyboard needs to sit. Hence why I reckon getting a desk mat should hopefully fix any issues.....failing that, someone mentioned I could get the keyboard replaced under warranty if needed anyway, but shall see what happens :)

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
Congratulations!

And, I'd definitely have the keyboard replaced, if it's the culprit. Never had or seen a bent keyboard. Possible one of the rubber pads/feet is missing?

OP
Fisher85
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27", Late 2013
Congratulations!

And, I'd definitely have the keyboard replaced, if it's the culprit. Never had or seen a bent keyboard. Possible one of the rubber pads/feet is missing?

Checked the feet, all the rubber pads are present :) I might look to getting the keyboard replaced as you suggested, just to see if that cures the problem. If it does, no need for a desk mat.

C

chas_m

The fact that its working okay on other areas of the desk suggest that the problem is the desk not being perfectly even in all places.

OP
Fisher85
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27", Late 2013
The fact that its working okay on other areas of the desk suggest that the problem is the desk not being perfectly even in all places.

Yes, hence my plans of getting a desk mat that should be more even than the desk.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.