New User - Sync Question

M

MJGUK

Hey all,

I just have a quick question ref syncing, if I may....

Basically I wish to be able to sync a folder between two computers.
Namely, a folder full of my work documents (mostly .docs and fairly small in size) between my laptop which I use at college and my desktop which I use at home.

I'm wondering if this can be done through iSync or if there is another app which could do this for me?
It would be really really useful to be able to sync this one folder between two computers, just like I do my Contacts and Calenders etc.

Kind Regards,

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.6 GHz, 4 GB, 200 GB, 256MB Vid
do you have a .mac account?

if so, isn't there some way to just upload that folder there?

OP
M

MJGUK

Well I could manually upload the folder for storage yeah, but what I really want to do is be able to sync this one folder, in the same way I would my Contacts, Calendars, Bookmarks etc.....I'm basically wondering if A) There is some secret method of doing this in iSync or B) If there is another app which can provide this service for me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
I have never heard of this but check macupdate or versiontracker to see if you can find something then post back if you do, I might wan to adopt this for my homework as well.. I would look for you but I am about to leave to go sking.. maybe I will check when I get back if you have not already done so.

OP
M

MJGUK

PowerBookG4 said:
I have never heard of this but check macupdate or versiontracker to see if you can find something then post back if you do, I might wan to adopt this for my homework as well.. I would look for you but I am about to leave to go sking.. maybe I will check when I get back if you have not already done so.
No worries, I'll have a look for something and report back.

Have fun skiing! :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.