Loading pages on multiple tabs in Safari

Reaction score
Is there a way to make Safari completely load tabs if I am not actually on the selected tab?

To try and explain this better: I'm in a remote northern community in which the satellite internet is painfully slow. I frequently read the news on the internet but because it is so slow I prefer to right click on links and open on a new tab. My intent is to read through an article which is fully loaded while the other loads on a separate tab. So by the time I finish reading through the article on my currently-selected tab the other will be loaded.

Currently the other tab will load to approximately 30-50% then hold until I select it as the primary. I then have to wait another few seconds-minutes for the page to load which makes the entire process useless.

I am familiar with how to change these settings on Windows but cannot see how to do this with Safari. Any suggestions? Or are there any Safari Extensions that might help?

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Great, glad that worked out for you..

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.