OS9.1 Checksum

G

g4n00b

OS9.1 Checksum - Installation Tome

I downloaded OS9.1 North American English, four times (4x) and it fails the checksum every time. Then I d/l OS9.1 International and its fine. Same with Italian.

I finally decided to SKIP CHECKSUM process and install regardless. I get the error, could not find "Installation Tome".

OP
G

g4n00b

Fixed

Thanks to Google + Internet, and then MacFixItForums and Appletechs for the answer. In case anyone else has this problem, and happens to find this post through a search. The problem may be corrupt data in your Mac's PRAM. Flash the Mac PRAM by retarting while holding the keys :

COMMAND(Apple Key) + OPTION + P + R

upon restarting your Mac. You will see a flash/flicker of the screen before the Mac logo appears, and then the the Startup Beep/Sound again, at which point you can release the keys. I downloaded the OS9.1 updater again (this may not be necessary) and this time no checksum nor Installation Tome Error. The Update ran perfect.

Although I have not tried this, apparently you can "deep reset" the NVRAM and PRAM by using OPEN FIRMWARE upon restart with the keystroke combo:

COMMAND + OPTION + O + F

and then issuing a:

#1) reset-nvram
-then-
#2) reset-all

The site says dont screw around issuing random OPEN FIRMEWARE commands if you don't know what you are doing, or you may F up your hardware. The above two (2) commands are supposed to be safe but other than that exercise caution.

See the following links:

Free Software Downloads and Reviews for Windows, Android, Mac, and iOS – CNET Download
-and-
tp://www.appletechs.com/archives/00000043.html (outdated link removed)

Good Luck

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5•2x1.8•1.5•320•8x+/-
THREAD MOVED

This will be a better home for it

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.