windows seven forgotten password

Reaction score
forgotten windows 7 password

I have a iMac with the latest OS on it and run windows 7 32 thru bootcamp on it. I cannot remember the windows login password. I have the windows disk and can boot from that and know how to do that but my problem is the mouse and keyboard will not work when i get to the first screen to choose language so i can't hit next to move to the next step to reset password. I guess there are not any drivers loaded to run the mouse and keyboard. i have usb keyboard and mouse and plugged it in but it does not work either once i get to that screen. PLESE HELP

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
Thats strange a wired USB keyboard should work do you have another wired keyboard you can try?

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
OP
C
Reaction score
wired usb keyboard

hey thanks for info I went and bought a wired usb keyboard and it does the same thing iy works until i get to the screen to set language and you have to hit next it will not move any thing I can tab can't make it go to next at all??? the keyboard works fine in the mac environment and it works when it says press any key and tab works to choose the cd drive to boot from but once it goes to the page to choose language it will not work that is exactly how the wireless did as well please help I have to get into my computer to do a report

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
How about the other option I mentioned above?

OP
C
Reaction score
It looks a little hard but i guess thats my only option I don't have a cd to burn it to!! are you sure this will work if you are pretty sure i will do that

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
It is not exactly the most intuitive process in the world, and if you make a mistake, you could damage your OS X install, Windows or both. So, make sure your backups are current before attempting.

With that said, I've never had this process fail me - and I've used it to work on customers' machines, probably dozens of times.

Good luck!

OP
C
Reaction score
I talked with apple support and they can't help except to reinstall windows using bootcamp and windows support said they couldn't help i really don't under stand how the keyboard would not work!!

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I talked with apple support and they can't help except to reinstall windows using bootcamp and windows support said they couldn't help i really don't under stand how the keyboard would not work!!

This is, in fact, a Microsoft product. Not working when you need it to, is exactly what they do best.

The only time a Microsoft product wouldn't suck is if they made vacuum cleaners. :D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.