OS 10.7.5 - iPhoto 6.0.6 - D70 Nikon

Reaction score
Hello,
I've had Macs for a while, but still consider myself in the learning stage.

I'm having trouble with moving photos from my Nikon to iPhoto on my Macbook Pro since I updated to Lion. Are there any known issues to anyone's knowledge, or ? Thanks for any help you can suggest…
"Cat Nanny"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" i7 iMac. Intel Quad Core. 16 GB Ram.
No problems that I know of. I use a Nikon and have never had any trouble with the transfers.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
Nikon D-80 using 10.9.2 with no issues.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I'm having trouble with moving photos from my Nikon to iPhoto on my Macbook Pro since I updated to Lion. Are there any known issues to anyone's knowledge, or ? Thanks for any help you can suggest…

Did you install, and are you using the Nikon software? If you are, remove it and try uploading your photos to iPhoto again.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21 M1 Pro 14" MBP, 23 M2 Pro Mac Mini (MacOS 14), iPhone 15 Pro Max (iOS 17), iPad 6 (iPadOS 17)
are you using a card reader or connecting your camera to your mac via usb?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21 M1 Pro 14" MBP, 23 M2 Pro Mac Mini (MacOS 14), iPhone 15 Pro Max (iOS 17), iPad 6 (iPadOS 17)
OK it's possible there could be a problem with the usb lead or the actual card itself being corrupted.

Are you able to plug your camera into another computer to rule this out?

OP
I
Reaction score
Yes, I'm able to transport photos to my desktop, it's still using IMac, 10.6.8

Thanks to others who have replied--I'm having trouble navigating on this site as I'm not familiar with using it and how to reply to everyone…am a senior citz, lol…please have patience with me!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
At least you can get them off your camera onto your mac so that proves that the card and cable are OK.

When you say you can't import them to iPhoto, what exactly are you encountering? Do you get an error message at all?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
How exactly are you trying to import your images into iPhoto if they are already on your desktop?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sorry, forget the last post. So, with your D70 you can import images onto your desktop on your iMac running 10.6

But you can't import them onto your MBP running 10.7.

On your MBP, can you open an application called Image Capture?

OP
I
Reaction score
How exactly are you trying to import your images into iPhoto if they are already on your desktop?

I'm sorry… MBP (laptop) is the computer with the problem. The iMac is the large desktop computer onto which I'm able to transport from my Nikon.

OP
I
Reaction score
Clarifying what I meant to say is that I used "desktop" to mean my large, iMac, with which I'm able to transfer photos to iPhoto.
And I can use "Grab" to capture an image.

OP
I
Reaction score
Nikon D-80 using 10.9.2 with no issues.

Having difficulty on how to use the forum….not sure how to reply to each individual….are there any instructions anywhere? I keep switching in and out of the Forum page….
I think I must have the original Nikon software (someplace). I've never had to remove and reload it before.
Thank you!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
does image capture "see" your D70?

OP
I
Reaction score
Sorry, I thought you meant the "Grab" application.

I plugged my Nikon into the computer and turned the Nikon on. I opened Image Capture, but it says "no camera or scanner connected."

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
there are no issues that I know of with a D70 being incompatible with Lion

so this would suggest there is a problem with one or more or the following:

- the card
- the usb cable
- the usb socket

the card and the cable seem OK as they are fine on your iMac

can you try a different usb port on your MBP

as far as the forum is concerned, as long as you keep all your posts relating to this issue to this thread then everyone who has posted on it can see your replies :)

OP
I
Reaction score
there are no issues that I know of with a D70 being incompatible with Lion

so this would suggest there is a problem with one or more or the following:

- the card
- the usb cable
- the usb socket

the card and the cable seem OK as they are fine on your iMac

can you try a different usb port on your MBP

as far as the forum is concerned, as long as you keep all your posts relating to this issue to this thread then everyone who has posted on it can see your replies :)

I did try the other USB port. There are two. No luck. My printer works with both ports. Would that tell you anything?

Thanks, for the info about my posting to the Forum. When I'm waiting for a reply from you, do I have to go back to the Forum, or does it just come back on the same screen?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.