naming a folder

Reaction score
im sure theres nothing to it at least you would think that but i have folders on my desktop beyond others that i cant figure out how to name them. im used to the double tap and rename folder but i see no option for this!! please explain thankyou!

rollin

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad Pro 12.9 latest iOS
If you highlight a folder/file name and click once ( or tap once ) you will be able to rename the file/folder.
( Unless you are not authorised to do so .... permissions )

Cheers ... McBie

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
Highlighting a folder works with a click on any part of the icon: the blue folder, the name or the blue "item info" text if you have that turned on. To change the name, then click once more on the name and it will change to highlight the name only. Type the new name, or to modify it, click once more for the flashing | cursor, then use arrow keys, delete key to remove what you don't want, and type what you do want. If you do the second click too quickly the folder will open.

All of the above also applies to file icons.

Reaction score
And if all else fails... command-i on the folder/file. Change the name there.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.