AppleCare question

Reaction score
i going to be purchasing a 12inch PB soon but i did not bother to get the applecare. i was already spending so much on the laptop i didnt have enough money for it.
my question is can i pruchase AppleCare during the first year of my laptop?
and
how would i need to purchase it later on? going though apple or the store i purchased the computer from?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
You can purchase any time with in the first year.. i don't know about the actually purchaing it though, I know that you will need the origional receipt of the laptop so don't loose it if you intend on buying apple care.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Yes you can.

You can get it at any Apple retailer, you just need your proof of purchase & Serial number.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
New MACBOOK
I believe you can buy it through amazon as well at a discounted price, but as was stated will need your receipt and serial number to register.

Reaction score
London, Germany, USA, France, Holland, Belgium, Ca
Your Mac's Specs
Too many to list but have the latest to oldest macs.
tangram said:
thanks for the info

The real advantage is that if you need support after the first 90 days you can call up and start using your apple care. Also apple care covers you internationlaly for all portbles.

Something to think about if you travel. I travel internationally 10 times a month average. I have used apple care in the states, Uk and other places. So I always get it asap.

But if you do need it you can always buy it and register it. I registered my care over phone and did not need the original invoice.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.