Full hdd

Reaction score
Can a noob get some help ;)

i problem is, my HDD is almost full. It's a 120 gb ssd
According to my hdd the 100 gb is full and i can locate 38 gb of that

i have emptied my trash, i tried omnidisksweeper and disk inventory x trying to find larger files but with no luck. what can i do to locate the remaining??

OP
B
Reaction score
Yes i have checked the used size of my hole HDD
when right clicking the folders: library, users, programs and system i get a total of 30 gb, when right clicking the macintosh SSD i get a usage of 100 gb

OP
B
Reaction score
Here's a screenshot of disk inventory x and my istat info on my hdd

i really hope this helps

Attachments

• Skærmbillede 2014-03-22 kl. 09.06.57.png
    Skærmbillede 2014-03-22 kl. 09.06.57.png
    552.3 KB · Views: 17
C

chas_m

That is so helpful, thanks.

Okay well one of the first things we can easily see is that your Parallels virtual machine is taking up a lot of space ... any chance you can offload that file to an external hard drive and run your Windows from there? Do you really NEED to run Windows on your Mac?

Next, what's that ISO disk image? That probably doesn't need to be on your boot drive either. Move it (it maybe part of the Parallels thing but I doubt it).

As you mouse over the squares, it will tell you at the bottom exactly what those items are, and if you right click on them it will give you the option to delete them (which I'd be very cautious of doing unless you're sure its something you don't need anymore or have backed up elsewhere). There's obviously one HUGE document (the big blue square at the bottom), you should figure out what that is and if you need it as well).

I see a few other smaller "disk images" you don't need, so just adding up the things I've said you can definitely move or clear, you can get back at least 13GB ... that's 10 percent of the entire drive right there.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.