burn

Reaction score
whenever i burn two films on one disc using BURN one of the films has no audio,what am I doing wrong ?. Burning one film to disc no problem, I have even tried to burn both movies as VOB files,which results in there being no audio in the particular section where both films are connected, the rest of the VOB files are fine, any suggestions please.(maybe something I need to do in the burn setting.)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
What media are you using?

And maybe one film per disc is the way to go.

OP
W
Reaction score
one film is sometimes just slightly to big to fit on one disc, so i burn the remainder on the other disc, which results in wasting 90% of the second disc, thats why I try to fit another movie on that disc, media files are usually MKV,M4 or AVI any suggestions,thanks.

OP
W
Reaction score
Every time I burn two movies to one disc using BURN, one of the movie comes out with no audio,any explanations as to why,I have tried using vob files as well,only to end up with the same result,

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 • iPhone 14 Pro • iPad Pro • iMac Retina 27"
Can you provide more info? Are these commercially available movies that you're ripping to mp4?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
I wonder if the disc capacity is not sufficient for both audio and video ?
What size are the movies?
Are you using DL discs?
Movies with DTS versus DD always contain more audio space do to higher nitrate.

OP
W
Reaction score
Sorry,I don,t know what DTS or DD means or what DL disc are but you have given me food for thought. I am simply converting movies I have downloaded in MP4,AVI and MKV to MPG,to burn to disc to be able to play them on ordinary DVD player, Like I say BURN has no problem doing this one movie on one disc, but sometimes, one movie file is to large for one disc,which means I have to burn the end of the movie on a new disc, resulting in a waste of around 90% of the second disc, hence the reason for burning another movie on that disc,so as to use up the otherwise unused space, I don't believe this is a space issue, as BURN authorises blank DVD first to attain if there is enough space to continue with burning the movie,I have also tried burning using VOB files created by BURN with no luck, I believe it has something to do in BURNS settings to be able to continue burning with audio after first movie is complete. hope this helps a little more so you may help me a little more, THANKS.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
@wiredone:

Please do not start another thread. Continue posting to your original thread. Threads have been combined.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
Sorry,I don,t know what DTS or DD means or what DL disc are but you have given me food for thought. I am simply converting movies I have downloaded in MP4,AVI and MKV to MPG,to burn to disc to be able to play them on ordinary DVD player, Like I say BURN has no problem doing this one movie on one disc, but sometimes, one movie file is to large for one disc,which means I have to burn the end of the movie on a new disc, resulting in a waste of around 90% of the second disc, hence the reason for burning another movie on that disc,so as to use up the otherwise unused space, I don't believe this is a space issue, as BURN authorises blank DVD first to attain if there is enough space to continue with burning the movie,I have also tried burning using VOB files created by BURN with no luck, I believe it has something to do in BURNS settings to be able to continue burning with audio after first movie is complete. hope this helps a little more so you may help me a little more, THANKS.

DTS and DD are the audio formats that is used on most commercial DVD"s.
DL is Dual or Doulble Layer for long movies or cut it close and use DTS( Digital Theater System) which takes up more space than DD (Dolby Digital).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.