Creating files for email messages

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac with OS X 10.11.2 -16GB memory
Greetings
I save some of my email messages such as receipts. I always need to drag them first to my Desk top , Open them again and then save them to the appropriate file. The drop down menu from "File" in Mail "Save as" will only give me the choices to save to of Desk top- My home folder - Applications or Documents . It will not show the individual document files .

Is there a way to create a file (s) for Mail messages so I can save them in one step , rather than all of these steps? Thank you, Barbara

I have an iMac with Snow Leopard and 4GB memory

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac with OS X 10.11.2 -16GB memory
Duh !! I was clicking on the download arrow to the right of "Documents" instead of clicking on Documents in the left side gray panel .

Do I quality for the Stupidest Question of the Day Award ? LOL

Thanks
Barbara

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mid-2010 Mac Mini OS 10.12.6 Sierra, 2.66 GHz C2D, 8GB RAM, 30 in. Cinema Display
Does this forum really have a Stupidist Question of the Day Award?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mid-2010 Mac Mini OS 10.12.6 Sierra, 2.66 GHz C2D, 8GB RAM, 30 in. Cinema Display
Just messin' with ya, Barbara . . . I was actually trying to win the award today!;)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.