Facetime

Reaction score
just found out that when i use facetime to contact my wife it rings on her macbook pro and her iphone 5 at the same time. i only have her email address for contacting her on her macbook pro and use her phone number to contact her iphone. why is it connecting to both when choosing her email address on her macbook.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
-->
just found out that when i use facetime to contact my wife it rings on her macbook pro and her iphone 5 at the same time. i only have her email address for contacting her on her macbook pro and use her phone number to contact her iphone. why is it connecting to both when choosing her email address on her macbook.

Check your FaceTime settings on the phone. It likely has 2 addresses listed, the phone number and her email address.

OP
H
Reaction score
doesnt she need her email address some where on her phone to get emails to it.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Yes but the e-mail address is also stored in FaceTime as well. If you don't want the FaceTime call to appear in both places go to Settings on her phone, select the FaceTime settings and remove the e-mail address. That won't stop use of the e-mail address in other programs.

OP
H
Reaction score
ok i have it set the same on my iphone. but when i click = remove this email address it wont let me.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.