iMac dropping Citrix Connection too easily

Reaction score
When accessing work desktop through Citrix on Windows PC, the connection was retained even if I left it inactive for an hour or more.

Having shifted to new iMac, the connection is dropped after about 15 minutes inactivity. Is this something I can fix by altering settings on the iMac?? Nga mihi, John :|

C

chas_m

It could be due to settings on the Mac, or settings in the Citrix application you are using. I would start with the Citrix application itself, and then move on to the Energy settings on your iMac under System Preferences.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookAir5,2:10.13.6-iMac18,3:10.13.6-iPhone9,3:11.4.1
I use Cirtix Reciever 11.5 on a MBA running 10.9.2 without issue. Sometimes, companies set policies for Citrix where it times out after a certain time or under certain conditions. Does your company's Citrix Admin have any input?

OP
J
Reaction score
It could be due to settings on the Mac, or settings in the Citrix application you are using. I would start with the Citrix application itself, and then move on to the Energy settings on your iMac under System Preferences.

Thanks Chas, I made some changes to the iMac settings and things have improved a lot. I'm not exactly sure which tweak made the difference, unfortunately.

John

OP
J
Reaction score
I use Cirtix Reciever 11.5 on a MBA running 10.9.2 without issue. Sometimes, companies set policies for Citrix where it times out after a certain time or under certain conditions. Does your company's Citrix Admin have any input?

Hi XJ, Our company IT Support person was pretty sure it was something at the Mac end. Cheers, JT

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.