CSS and Mac

S

slider

I would appreciate if someone can help me correct my website which looks just fine under PC but not under Mac. I am sure it has something to do with CSS. Its mainly the right-side navigation bar which does not appear to be on the right place.
I have no access to Mac and cannot test it. Please look at w.arthritis-research.org and let me know on any input you may have to fix this.

Thanks

OP
R

RobDreugan

slider said:
I would appreciate if someone can help me correct my website which looks just fine under PC but not under Mac. I am sure it has something to do with CSS. Its mainly the right-side navigation bar which does not appear to be on the right place.
I have no access to Mac and cannot test it. Please look at w.arthritis-research.org (bad link removed) and let me know on any input you may have to fix this.

Thanks

Too vague to understand what the problem is. go to the w3c.org and use their css and html validators and see if that helps, unless you want to try and be more specific. :D

OP
J

Jetroza

It's DHTML right? You'll just have to risize the bar you've done nothing wrong in the coding.. i suggest 30 pixels thinner perhaps?

OP
S

slider

Jetroza said:
It's DHTML right? You'll just have to risize the bar you've done nothing wrong in the coding.. i suggest 30 pixels thinner perhaps?

u r right , its DHTML ,, i have not specied any size for the container or for the linkbar ,, i am not sure what would happen if i do that... but i will try

I am thinking that i need to modify my css file to accomated Opera and IE under Mac,, here is CSS in question

BODY
{
PADDING-RIGHT: 0px;
PADDING-LEFT: 0px;
BACKGROUND: url(logoswish.jpg) #f5ecdd no-repeat left top;
PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px;
MARGIN: 30px;
COLOR: #000;
PADDING-TOP: 0px
}
#pageHeader
{
BACKGROUND: url(logoswish2.jpg);
MARGIN-BOTTOM: 10px;
PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px
}
#container
{
BACKGROUND: url(yelglowbkgrd.jpg);
MARGIN-RIGHT: 220px
}
#pageHeader H1
{
MARGIN: 0px;
FONT: 24px ,1em Times New Roman,Georgia;
COLOR: #000;
LETTER-SPACING: 3px
}
#pageHeader H2
{
MARGIN: -8px -8px 0px;
FONT: italic 28px ,1em Times New Roman,Georgia;
COLOR: #444;
BORDER-BOTTOM: orange 1px solid;
TEXT-DECORATION: none
}
#pageHeader ACRONYM
{
BORDER-BOTTOM: 0px
}
#container #linkList
{
BORDER-RIGHT: #b09873 2px outset;
BORDER-TOP: #b09873 2px outset;
RIGHT: 0px;
BORDER-LEFT: #b09873 2px outset;
BORDER-BOTTOM: #b09873 2px outset;
BACKGROUND-REPEAT: repeat;
POSITION: absolute;
TOP: 90px;
WIDTH: 180px;
BACKGROUND-COLOR: white
}
#linkList2
{
MARGIN-LEFT: 8px
}
#footer
{
DISPLAY: block;
RIGHT: 270px;
POSITION: absolute;
TOP: 5px
}
#linkList H3
{
FONT-SIZE: 18px;
MARGIN: 0px;
PADDING-TOP: 0px
}
#linkList UL
{
MARGIN-LEFT: 0px;
PADDING-TOP: 0px;
LIST-STYLE-TYPE: none
}
#linkList LI
{
MARGIN-LEFT: 0px;
PADDING-TOP: 0px;
LIST-STYLE-TYPE: none
}

OP
T

thePurpleGiant

It looks just fine here with Safari 1.2 - but possibly you have already fixed the problem.

OP
J

JAKStar

Red Background?

Hello, I was hoping to find some help. I have a client who is accessing the site at http://www.solo-e.com via a Mac running OS9 and IE 5.1. She sees a dark red background. And in some cases, no text where this is indeed text on the page.

I am guessing that this has to do with my not knowing how to make the site more Mac friendly. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated!

Jeff at JAKStar

OP
R

RobDreugan

Well honestly, there's not a whole that can be done, from my experience. There are no longer any updates being done from IE for mac, and i'd venture to say a very small portion of people would use that browser now.

It's nice to be as cross-browser compatible as possible, but I'd check the site in mozialla/netscape and IE for pc. if those 3 browsers are seeing the site correctly, then she should be satisfied.

Css is difficult to get right for every browser, and if it's that big of a deal, you'll have to consider doing parts of it over, to make it work.

or You can spend hours figuring out the problem for 1 browser that isn't worth the time to do, but **** as long as she's paying you :) do whatever.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
In Safari it looks quite good white background and yellow trim.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.