• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

iMovie Trouble

S

smkmachrider

Just this morning, I imported two clips (one is a .mpg and the other is a .mov). Then, when I go to import another clip, it finishes importing but then a message comes up saying it failed to import due to an unknown error. These clips I've tried to import have worked in the past in iMovie, and they're .mov files. So, I wanted to know why they won't import, could anyone help me out?

OP
S

smkmachrider

Can anyone tell me what the problem is?

(Sorry for double posting, but no reply still =()

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Have you tried looking to see if your iMovie version has any available updates?
You can also try a permissions repair to see if that clears things up.

OP
S

smkmachrider

Nope, I just tried importing a clip, and it STILL won't go in. I even repaired the permissions (do I need to restart AFTER that, or is it fine if I don't?) Also, there aren't anymore updates, I already got the latest one. So I don't know what the problem is.

OP
S

smkmachrider

Can anyone help me? Sorry if it looks like I'm a n00b, but I'd really like to know what I can do to fix this!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook G4, 1.5gb RAM, 40gb HDD
Some files won't import. I asked a question like this in another thread. IRC, the person said .avi's and some .mov's and .wmv's don't work because the sound and video aren't separate (or something like that). Hopefully someone can clarify more.

OP
S

smkmachrider

I realize some won't import, but as I said in my initial post. They worked before, and I have no idea why they won't work now.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.