set apps to load on reboot

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookPro 15", Original iPad, iPad 6, iPhone 5
I can't seem to find the place to set apps to load on reboot. I am thinking of Dropbox and Soundflower
Thanks for your help.
Diane

C

chas_m

It's called "open at login" and can be found by simply right-clicking the icon when it is in your dock (ie, when open), choose "Options" and selecting "Open at login." From then on, the item will launch on every reboot, restart or login. You can turn the option off if desired by repeating this action.

Alternatively, you can also open Users & Groups in System Prefences (might be called "Accounts" on non-Mavericks versions of the OS), click on the "Login items" tab, and add what you want there. Same effect.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Dropbox can be done from within it's own preferences.

Open the Dropbox app which will place the Dropbox icon on the right side of the Menu bar at the top of the screen.

Click on the Dropbox icon, select the gear at the bottom of the window, then select Preferences.

Need to realize, the more you have starting at login, the longer it will take for your machine to get to a working Desktop.

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookPro 15", Original iPad, iPad 6, iPhone 5
Thanks both of you for the information and help. It's well appreciated.

I've gone to Users and Groups and set it up for Soundflower and set it up within Dropbox. All should be good now.

Thanks again.

Diane

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.