PDA

View Full Version : Picture of IPOD and Isynce together

jimmyfitz
02-17-2006, 03:20 AM
Isn't it kind of wierd that there is a picture of an IPOD under the isync devices screenshot towards the bottom of the screen?

does this mean Ipod is going to be used with isync soon and blue tooth?

good thing i didnt get the ipod video just yet..

http://www.apple.com/bluetooth/

Aptmunich
02-17-2006, 04:15 AM
No: You used to be able to sync address book and calendar with your iPod via Firewire directly in iSync. That functionality is now performed by iTunes directly.

The picture is simply a demonstration of how you can sync all your different devices with your mac (your music device, phone, palm etc).

Also notice that the iPod pictured is an older generation model.

yogi
02-18-2006, 10:34 PM
Yes, older iPods used to sync that way. Newer iPods use a port in iTunes. The iPod will probably never have Bluetooth, it's too slow for transferring music and what else would you want to do with it. When will people understand...

macAttack
02-18-2006, 10:35 PM
actually, bluetooth would be quite useful so you could have wireless earphones :)

yogi
02-19-2006, 07:06 PM
Would suck battery power...

to_tough_to_die
02-19-2006, 07:33 PM
actually, bluetooth would be quite useful so you could have wireless earphones :)

Bluetooth headphones would cost more and need to be recharged daily.

They also will never have the audio quality of wired headphones.

dan828
02-19-2006, 09:18 PM
There are already a number of bluetooth headphones on the market. Most ship with a dongle so that they can be used with most any audio device (including the iPod). Most reviews say that they sound fine.

to_tough_to_die
02-19-2006, 09:34 PM
There are already a number of bluetooth headphones on the market. Most ship with a dongle so that they can be used with most any audio device (including the iPod). Most reviews say that they sound fine.

Not my point. Fine for most people is the pack-in iPod earbuds. But at the same time there's a growing number of people I know who have iPods that don't have a white cord flowing out of the top.

They're also, again, more expensive and would require and extensive recharging system.

macAttack
02-19-2006, 09:40 PM
and as a result of the future, i'm sure these things could be solved, battery life won't be short forever. BTW the ipod earphones that come with the ipod suck. horribly.

to_tough_to_die
02-19-2006, 09:44 PM
BTW the ipod earphones that come with the ipod suck. horribly.

That was my point...

macAttack
02-19-2006, 09:46 PM
yeah i know, but people need to learn more, lol

jimmyfitz
02-22-2006, 09:52 PM
what about bluetooth use in the car? cars are now bluetooth equiped

Meyvn
02-22-2006, 10:03 PM
and as a result of the future, i'm sure these things could be solved, battery life won't be short forever. BTW the ipod earphones that come with the ipod suck. horribly.

See, but even if they made the battery life longer WITH Bluetooth, it will always be significantly longer WITHOUT it. So the battery incentive is always there. And honestly, the iPod earphones are sadly better than many earbud headphones out there, especially for workouts. You don't have to worry about sweating on them or anything. I mean, I'd LOVE a pair of the Shure Exc series, but I wouldn't love to use them only to let them get ruined by sweaty ears, when I can use cheap iPod earbuds for working out, and my wonderful Grado headphones at home.

TTheInfamous1
03-12-2006, 01:22 AM
Wireless earphones, IMO wouldn't be that good of an idea for the iPod. Although quite feasible, not a great engineering plan. In the long run, it would be more expensive for the customer. Plus as someone else and many others have said in this thread, other forums and even press and tech reviewers have the same thoughts and opinions... The battery life would be horrible. BUT :) wireless and/or blue-tooth data/music/photo/video transfers to the iPod would/could be perfect and possible in the very near future I think.

Again, just my opinion, which is worth nothing to others. ;)

tom_hoyle
03-12-2006, 11:08 AM
going back to the connectivity of the iPod, i figured that the next step would be incorporating AirPort into it. Think of the things you could do with that, sync you music, pictures and video onto it wirelessly at high speed, play your tunes in any room with AirTunes speaker systems, maybe even connect to other iPods and share music with other users (although legal complications may prevent that)

There's also the possiblity of making it so the iPod can access the internet and directly download music from the iTunes store. Just needs a bit of software for that surely!

yogi
03-12-2006, 04:45 PM
It's near impossible to stuff an Airport card into an iPod. That is simply insane. It would be nice, but until tha happens, we need to use Sonos.

tom_hoyle
03-12-2006, 10:50 PM
It's near impossible to stuff an Airport card into an iPod. That is simply insane. It would be nice, but until tha happens, we need to use Sonos.

I've no idea how big an Airport card is, but at the rate technology moves these days I'm pretty sure it could be shrunk. A few years back people would have said that it'd be impossible to fit a 60Gb hard-drive insinde a box thinner than a *** of cigarettes' - yet, it has been done!

TTheInfamous1
03-12-2006, 10:56 PM
I've no idea how big an Airport card is, but at the rate technology moves these days I'm pretty sure it could be shrunk. A few years back people would have said that it'd be impossible to fit a 60Gb hard-drive insinde a box thinner than a *** of cigarettes' - yet, it has been done!
I agree totally.

mblphnlvr
03-13-2006, 12:04 AM
Also, wifi is being put in a lot of newer phones, so the size and battery consumption couldn't need that much work. I think it would be cool if apple could at least make a wifi dock for the ipod because I really never set my computer on my desk, and I hate having to mess with the cord on the ipod.

to_tough_to_die
03-13-2006, 09:58 AM
going back to the connectivity of the iPod, i figured that the next step would be incorporating AirPort into it. Think of the things you could do with that, sync you music, pictures and video onto it wirelessly at high speed, play your tunes in any room with AirTunes speaker systems, maybe even connect to other iPods and share music with other users (although legal complications may prevent that)

There's also the possiblity of making it so the iPod can access the internet and directly download music from the iTunes store. Just needs a bit of software for that surely!

I will admit, Airport would be nice for those mornings when I'm not yet awake but I need to synch my iPod...